- Unique Dump
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed’s unique dump feature expands your capabilities to handle hay and dump materials from the comfort of your cab. There is no other unit on the market like it. Arm lift capacity is 2,850 pounds and bed dump capacity is 6,000 pounds.
- Independent Arm Action
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed uses two squeeze cylinders rather than a phasing cylinder for better squeeze and maneuverability. You can move the arms separately or in tandem for easier bale retrieval when stacked end-to-end. This also helps loading into a ring feeder, even if you do not have a straight shot. Lift any size or shape effortlessly— round, square, wide or narrow. You can haul up to four 4’ rounds side-by-side with a dual wheel pickup. You can also squeeze a large 4’ by 8’ square bale end-to-end or from the side. The arm range on dual wheel trucks of 3’6″ to 9’6″ enables you to grab small or misshapen items as well.
- Free-Float Arm System
The free-float arm system allows you to unroll hay while maintaining full contact with the ground over rough terrain. This function helps to prevent skips and thick blankets of hay, allowing even distribution of feed and reducing waste.
- Locking Valve System
Our unique locking valve stops arms from creeping out when carrying hay bales. Additionally, unlike other units on the market, our design significantly limits truck frame stress.
- No-Need-to-Jack Trailers
The Chisholm Trail Bale Bed makes work easier and quicker in so many ways, especially hooking up your gooseneck trailer. Just raise the bed until the jack stand is off the ground, store the jack, lower the bed, and off you go. No more cranking!
- Easy access to mechanical parts through large access doors
- Safety stand if dump option is chosen
- Highly visible warning, caution and danger decals
- 350 am fuse and block attached to truck frame if dump option is chosen
- Heavy duty bent tube headache rack
- Heavy duty 2-5/16”, 30,000 pound rated hitch ball with 1″ rise
- 23’ tethered hand held control pendant if dump option is chosen
- Ruggedly built all steel construction
- Grab handles on either side of headache rack
- D-ring tie downs
- Chain attachments for trailers
- Highly visible lighting system
- Welded on receiver hitch